Friday, September 15, 2006

Take a glimpse.

I'm gonna go nuts I think. This stupid challenge is making me feel like a machine again. A not very good poker playing machine at that.

I know now why I haven't tried this sort of poker before. It bores me. I just don't have the patience to hold things together like that...I'm wired differently.

I've said before that I don't play poker necessarily for the money. This is about competition, about being 'better', such an ambiguous esoteric goal. Its what I'm about though, that's how I roll. I'm a feel player by most accounts. I'm aggressive, I pick spots, I convince my opponents that I am better. (or at least attempt to)

One thing I think I've discovered is that ABC poker wins in the lower limits, pretty simple. If I can extrapolate my results on full ring tables vs 6-handed. I'm actually a very good player at a full table. The reason is that I simply play tight agg. I push when I think I'm ahead sniff out flush draws and farm sets.

I will finish this challenge though...my goal now is to break even...no pressure.

Anyway....I'm trying yet again to justify myself. I feel the need to do this alot for some reason. Every 3 weeks or so I get involved in a game I have no business being in. Something way over my head (right Aaron?). I do this, not cause I'm chasing profits or losses, but cause I'm chasing bigger and better players. I want to play the best players I can play... win or lose, that's my validation. I just don't have the discipline to work my way up there.

So, last night after working on the HOUR challenge ( I never really did set a goal) I played the WWDN:not and got my FH kicked in the ass by quads. I went out early in 2 sng's and decided my luck must change. I played $40 OH8 and made it through a break and a half before going down, then really went off the deepend and played the $100MTT...IGH about mid-pack. I was amazed how loose this game was. Anywho..

I decided it must be Pokerstars that was the problem, certainly not myself. SO I perused for a new site to play and whore a bonus on. I haven't signed up for INTERPOKER as of yet and they have a %100 bonus up to $100 going on, so I installed the software and plopped my hundo down.

I was somewhat disappointed at the number of players, but I guess that's expected coming form pokerstars. The best game I could find was 3/6 limit. I watched the game for a few minutes and decided that the players weren't anything special, and the betting wasn't getting grossly capped. Despite being under-funded, I joined. I played fairly loose again, it just what I do. Despite being loose, I was getting cards...frequently, and there were 2 guys at the table who just kept paying me off.
The wife finally got home and I was up 260 for the 2+ hour session. I just need to find out how much more I need to play to clear the bonus now and GTFO.


So this is me in a nutshell, Baron Donkmunder Aggrolimp.

No comments: