Thursday, September 28, 2006

10 HOURS and the Not-Mook(?)

I fired up the poker machine as the kids were eating dinner last nite. (Hello, my name is Brian, and I'm addicted to poker) I got into a Full Table 1/2 game at INTERPOKER and had 30+ minutes before going to baseball. I was also catching up on e-mail and sorting the bills at the same time. I feel like I play better when my mind is half occupied, I really don't know why I feel that way, but I tend to make better decisions...crazy.

I went up a little over $40 playing 3 hands - AA, QQ and 66. I made very little on AA, but flopped trips with QQ and 66, unfortunately the only maniac at the table had $20 behind him and I stacked him twice.

+8.25 after 10 hours +51.25 after 10.5 Did I mention that I'm really liking INTERPOKER? As far as I can tell, they don't offer referrals, but they have a pretty generous monthly and new player bonuses there. 100% up to $100 for 500 raked hands, and the rake counts on all tables. I know there is also some %31-%33 rakeback offers out there too.


Last night's baseball game was fairly uneventful. I watched (played with) the girls for most of the game. The other team did not have a pitcher that could throw strikes, although MasterP managed to strike out once, then walk twice.

One thing that does piss me off is at the beginning of the season, I spoke with the coach and let him know that I was working with P on pitching. Now, I'm NOT one of THOSE dads, so don't get me wrong. I'm emotionally invested in my children, yes, but I am also aware of their faults and abilities. My son can throw strikes, at this age, that's what it's all about. He is not a fireballer, but not a lollipopper either...he can throw. Now, the team he is on has at least 2 very good pitchers. I know the coach has worked with them before and has seen them play. I understand he is comfortable with them, and they are older and more experienced. However, last night we only had 2 guys that could pitch and in the last inning, the coach puts a kid in who he has never seen pitch. WTF? Now the capper here is that I had taken my neighbor's kid to the game with us. MasterP just happened to get lucky and have a friend on the team. So who does the coach pull in for mop up duty, but this kid?? Pissed me off for sure. Maybe the coach saw me bring this kid, and is so addlebrained that he can't remember who my son is? I don't know. But this kid was a lollipopper, and I want to make sure the coach doesn't think he's my son. Blah Blah Blah....wow that's a whole lot about nothing. Next season I sign up to be a coach....case closed.


So I get home, and MAYBE I could of pushed the kids into bed and gotten into the MOOKIE . But they needed baths, and the requisite attention/book reading etc. despite it being 10 o'clock on a school nite. I plopped down at the computer and signed up for the second chance tourney (MOOKIE-not) and play some seriously stuuupid poker, folding A4 on a AJK flop K turn...why the hell did I call preflop exactly?? Then went out on the "Accidental Tourist' A7sooted. I stole that from somebody....sorry.

Meanwhile I was 2 tabling a 2 table tourney and 2/4 NL on interpoker. I played very aggressive in the tourney, stealing several pots. Has anyone else noticed that foreigners limp ALOT? Even with premium hands! It's quite an adjustment. Down to 5 handed I made an ill advised move with 2nd pair, and got down to ~T900 into push zone. I doubled on a steal attempt by the chip leader, then drew a straight (QTd) to take out #4. Unfortunately I can't remember how I got to HU, but I pushed with QJ when the chipleader woke up with 88 and I doubled up when the J hit the river. Then I couldn't get the guy to commit to a hand, and pushed everything until he decided to call with Q8 when I had an ace and I took it down.
In the 2/4 game there was a donkey that had money behind him this time and I doubled my less than max 100 buy in on the second hand I played. He got me back a little later when he sucked out a flush calling an all in with QTh Vs KK. Luckily he only had about 40 bucks behind him by then played about an hour and a half and ended up +61.

Soooo, I was +51.25 after 10.5 hours and am now +112.25 after 12. Wo0t!

No comments: