Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Life gets in the way

Its been nearly a week since playing any poker, though I've been trying to keep up with my blogging brethren via Bloglines.

Congrats to Hoy and cc for cashing in the MATH. I had a few guys over to watch the Falcoons get demolished by the Saints. I'm not sure who took down the WWDN , but congrats to whoever.

My son has Baseball on 2 times a week for the next couple of weeks. They played their 4th game last night. I vaguely remember my first foray into Kid-pitch baseball. I was one of the fastest kids on the team, but I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a shotgun. Unfortunately, despite being a lefty my skills at baseball were never developed. For this reason, I try to spend a good amount of time with my son on fundamentals. He is playing above his age, since he is on the cusp between T-Ball and Kid Pitch. I decided that Fall Ball would be a great head start for him in the Kid-Pitch league. He needs some help swinging the bat, but his fielding and throwing is above average, even compared to the 8 and 9 year olds he is playing with.

Hopefully I can get home in time for the MOOK mookie99.bigopokerroom.com, but I'm not holding my breath. Life is getting in the way of poker for the time being, and I have to admit, it ain't all that bad.

1 comment:

cc said...

Thanks for the shoutout. Nothing wrong with life getting in the way of poker, actually is a good thing IMHO.