Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Humdehump

I've given MTT's another shot recently. I had quit playing MTT's for awhile since I was leaking alot of money. Now that I've been focused on cash games for a bit, I realized I don't really enjoy cash games. I mean, it should be obvious that I don't play poker to make money, because I really suck at that aspect. I can make a big score here and there, but my money management skills are horrible.

By the way, if anyone has links, suggestions or posts about money management, I'd really like to read it.

So, besides the MATH and WWDN (MOOK tonite), I've played 3 (M)MTTs. (*massive +500ppl) tourneys (2- 10+1, 1- 3+.50) I know the play is not optimal in these games to say the least, but I feel like a good player should be able to traverse these for at least a good hour before getting sucked out upon. The first 10+1 didnt give me much hope as I went in with Kings in the first hour and got crippled by the lamer(ATo).

Monday, I 2-tabled the MATH and a 3+.50 (~1100ppl). Down to ~70ppl I get KJs in the cutoff and raise to no callers 3x the blind. BB smooth calls with TT then calls my all in with 4 spades. IGH

My thinking here is that it was an obvious steal attempt, and the BB had a hand and played it pretty well. Although in that position with TT I would have raised or gone over the top. So, kudos to him and I cash, but not as mush as I'd like.

Last night after getting my KK crushered by the hammer(jack hi str8??) and pushing my weak ace into not one but 2 stronger aces in the WWDN, I fire up another 10+1MTT (~600).

I felt really good during this tourney. I was unpredictable, without being too loose and was able to control my starting table for a good bit. I got moved and played the first few hands very loose, showed the hammer on an all in, then got beat with JJ vs Ax then doubled up with JJ vs Ax. I took a big lead (for the table) when I hit the flush with T9h (in the cutoff) on the flop, and nearly turned it into a straight flush.

I put it in cruise control until the bubble passed (126). Then I donked of a few chips and misplayed mid pairs (66) vs a connected board. Again, down to ~70 I get KJs in decent position (2 in front of the button I think) and I make a play for about half of my chips. SB slowly calls, and the flop is blanks. Q comes on the turn, I fire out the rest of my chips and I think I'm gonna take it down as the OC is taking ALL of his time. He finally calls w/JJ and IGH.


Anyone else see a pattern there? Think I overplay KJ?? Ya think?

I'm gonna add some hands to PT and see if I can find a problem there. I really like KJ, especially suited, maybe I like it a little too much.

I'll be playing the MOOK tonight. Hope to see you there!


PS, I'd like to give KJ a shout for his recent streak in blogger events! Keep mowenumdown!!

No comments: