Thursday, March 23, 2006

THINK

Deposited some $ at FT for the HU3. I played some .50/1 and a Stud tourney, just for kicks. I ended up losing ~$8 on the cash game but won the stud tourney. This was the first stud tourney I have ever played...lol. Didn't do anything spectacular, but when I got heads up (2 to 1 deficit to the leader) I just ran him over. He was playing very passively, folding to almost every bet except when he had something. In all, it was very easy to win...hmm.

Went back over to PS came in 2nd in a 2 table SNG then played a $3 rebuy for WSOP sattelite. Not bad for a first attempt. I game in 24th out of ~200.

Not thinking cost me a huge pot which eventually sent me packing. In the BB I had been getting steal attemps from mid position by the same player in 3 orbits. Blinds are T800 and I am 2nd in chips out of~34. So I call a 3x BB bet w/K9. flop comes K7x rainbow. First to act I Jam about 4k into the pot (too small?), and get cold called. **WARNING*** nope the bells didn't go off, I am sure this guy did not hit. T comes on the turn and I push again T12000 chips. another cold call, and fuck ****Your beat!!!** 9 hits the river and I have 2-paired. I put him on AK at best, but don't really stop to think what could beat me here. I push again and get raised all-in.... Of course I cant lay this down now right??? he shows pocket TT and sends me down to 17th. So...3 mistakes in one hand, if not more...and I had played so well to get to the top. In retrospect, pride got in the way as I was sick of this guy stealing from me. (he eventually got a ticket). Then Pig headedness prevails as I make a bad read and don't adjust.

What can I do to slow myself down in this situation?...I could have just as easily gotten beat by KT or any other matching pocket trips...among others. But I disregarded the information and went with my gut. I paid for it....2.5 hours of good play gone with nothing to show.....

Now I have to clear my head for tonight's match. I've played a few heads up matches in the last couple of says and have not done well. I resolve to play slow and THINK!.

No comments: