Friday, June 16, 2006

un duh trois

All right, what an incredible amount of crap, right?

I believe I mentioned before that we had just recently taken the house off the market. Well, we get a message over the weekend that some woman wants to take a look at the place. The wife and I had heard that enough times in the past months not to get excited, in fact, quite the opposite. My first reaction was, fuck that, our house is off the market..and the place is definitely in no shape to be shown. Unfortunately the wife knows the woman, a recent divorcee' who used to live in the 'hood, but had to sell her house in the divorce. She wanted to move back in, and our house was one of the few she could afford, and would want to live in.

We decide to let her look at the place in its current condition, with the knowledge that the floors would eventually get finished and we really didn't live like pigs. There's no way were going to clean anything for this woman. If she wants it, she'll have to see through the crap.

You can probably see where this is going by now. She puts an offer in which is more than the house was on the market for (and before the floors). What's weird is, I really didn't like it. The simple fact is, the house looked so horrible before we gave up on selling, that no one could see past the floors. (Yes, they were that bad) If we had gotten an offer even in the ballpark of our asking price, we would have been jumping for joy, now it was kind of disappointing. We had totally given up on selling the place, and were now focused on making it something we wanted to be in for the next 3-10 years.

So now we've got to finish this house and make it pretty for SOMEONE ELSE, then find our new house.

The carpet installers were obviously in a hurry.

We discussed the logistics of the carpet install with the contractor, he assured us that all the furniture could stay put and we wouldn't have to worry about a thing.
WRONG
When I got back to inspect the installation, there was a PILE of shit in the upstairs bathroom. I don't mean stacked toys and clothes no no no... I mean there was a PILE of our kids toys, clothes, misc. In the bathroom, bathtub to be more specific. This was just too much for me. I had to laugh...it was that or strangle someone, and last time I strangled someone I got in a little trouble.

Something happened..........I just totally let go...all the anger, the stress, the worry, just poured out my feet. I don't know how to describe it, but it was the most carefree moment I have experienced in awhile. I calmly set to the task of cleaning the things out of the bathtub and returning (most of) it back to the rightful place. Turns out this was a good reason to throw away a bunch of unused things that had been gathering dust 24 hours beforehand. A couple of hours later and the upstairs was, for the most part, put back together.


The last couple of days things have slowly started coming back together. I have done some repairs marked on the home inspector's report. I'm calling in my cousin to look at the HVAC, and we have to call an electrician and a handyman to do the things I can't (don't want to) do. Taking care of all these things have just made me more attached to the house. We really turned it into a nice place, a home anyone could be proud of.......as soon as I tackle the yard...ugh.

So there's my silly 3-day narrative on the SAGA OF THE FLOORS, as it will be called for prosperity sake.



I' played some 25NL last night and doubled up in 4 hands. That was enough for me. I actually relaxed in front of the tube watching Baseball and Basketball. Beer definitely tastes better in a relaxed state, no question.

Looking forward to meeting Brain, SURFLEXUS,Mowenumdown and chipperdh ... .... in person tomorrow night...Its a bit of a haul for me, but it should be fun.

2 comments:

BrainMc said...

I'm glad you're still coming. As I was reading, I didn't see how you were gonna have time, but I'm glad it worked out for you. You can see Surflexus at http://dearpokerdiary.blogspot.com/

surflexus said...

I don't usually pimp on someone elses blog, but since you asked... www.dearpokerdiary.blogspot.com