Thursday, February 16, 2006

Tread Water

Listening to DeLaSoul and this song inspired me.

I seem to be treading water the last month or so. I suppose I should expect this playing primarily SNG's. Moving up to $15's has been much better than expected. Even though I 'know' I'm playing over my head bankroll wise. I can money in these tourneys about 30% of the time. Of course I have no data to back this number up, It seems about right and I've been sitting at +/- $200 in my PS account for the last 2 months. Ive been as far down as 30 and as far up as 350. Is this expected variance? I play tougher when down and looser when up...go figure.

Last night i played a 5 hour sesson starting at 170ish and ending 170ish. I played 4 $15 SNG's 2 6-Handed $12's and a $20. Plus I played .50/1 limit pretty much the whole time. I should have stopped at the 3 hour mark up ... but this is my problem. I still lack discipline and keep chasing just one more pot. How do you gague when is a good time to stop? Work certinly doesn't enter my mind. Sure I can work on 3-4 hours of sleep, no problem.

I've been trying to frequent other's blogs more often...stepping up my reading. I need to get Harrington's volume 2 back from my brother. I'm getting lots of 2nds and 3rds. Not a whole lot of 1sts. Gotta get back to work. I'll be hitting the tables around 8:30 or so, the wife's going out.

No comments: