Friday, October 26, 2007

Pokercats, Riverchasers, and Memes

OH MY!

Gotta bury that whiny ass post!

Wednesday night I got the perfect opportunity to goof off. I've been stressed to the hilt at work both pre and post oral surgery. I desperately needed a break. Good for me that Dan moved his game from the usual Tuesday slot to Wednesday.

I made myself quit working around 7:45, went by Publix and got myself Terrapin's seasonal All American Imperial Pilsner

YUM!

Anywho I rounded out the small group of 4 which became 5 after awhile. I was having a great time splashing chips around and being my typical fishy self.

Things worked out pretty good for me as I finished up about 4 buy ins. Afterwards, we ambled down to not one but 2 watering holes to relieve me of my winnings. I probably had a bit much to drive, but I made it home ok, got my 3 hours of sleep or so and got it all started again. I'm getting to old for that shit, but damn is it fun. I really enjoy Dan's game and encourage other ATL bloggers to join the fun.

I also had a pretty good run at the Riverchasers tourney, where I played very tight, for me ( %14). We got down to 6 handed and I had just doubled up, putting me in 2nd when lucko made his umpteenth raise to open and I played back at him with my old friend the jackking off. He pushed with A9 and IGH in 6th.

Yes there could have been better spots, but I wanted to play back at him and give myself a chance at the lead. Like it or not, you are going to have to get your chips in behind sometimes to win a tournament like this. Poker stove gives A9 %58 over KJ, so it wasn't horrible, but not a good spot nevertheless.

I got this from Kat, Enjoy!


Four Jobs I've Held:

1. Waiter/Bartender
2. Gaffer/Grip
3. Event Supervisor
4. SysAdmin/IT Manager

Four Films I Could Watch Over and Over

1. Fight Club
2. The Royal Tenenbaums
3. Godfather II
4. American History X

Four TV Shows I Watch

1. Scrubs
2. Entourage
3. Curb Your Enthusiasm
4. High Stakes Poker


Four Places I've Lived

1. St. Simons Island, GA
2. Atlanta
3. Charlotte
4. Brunswick, GA


Four Favorite Foods

1. Sushi/Sashimi
2. Bone-in Ribeye
3. Sunflower Seeds
4. Greens/Blackeyed Peas (must be eaten together and with hot sauce)

Four Websites I Visit Daily

1. Google Reader
2. iGoogle
3. Woot
4. The Sporting News

Four Favorite Colors

1. Black
2. Burnt Orange
3. Yellow Ochre
4. Blue Jeans

Four Places I'd Love To Be Right Now

1. Cozumel
2. St. Simons Island
3. The cigar shop
4. In Bed

Four Names I Like But Wouldn't Name My Children

1. Hank
2. Ira
3. The Dude (el duderino if your not into the whole brevity thing)
4. Bones

Four Favorite Books

1. The Illuminatus Trilogy - Robert Anton Wilson and Robert Shea
2. The Stand - Stephen King
3. Cryptonomicon - Neal Stephenson
4. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - JRR Tolkien

2 comments:

kurokitty said...

Thanks for coming out to the game! It was one of those weeks where some of the usual crew couldn't show up for whatever reason, like a "bye" week for the fantasy football squad.

deliverator said...

Dude, you need to put Mr. Stephenson higher up in the book rankings or I will break your knees.