Friday, November 03, 2006

Pokery weekend!

Looks like I'll be playing all 3 nights this weekend.

Today, I enjoy cigar nite for the second straight week. My local cigar shop rocks! Every month or so Blue Havana has a customer appreciation nite when they will often have 2 or 3 cigar reps handing out free smokes, then offer deals on everything in the humidor.

Last week I tried the Los Blancos Maduro and loved it....I hope Dave (the owner) stocked up.

Tonight we get hand rolled cigars from LA AURORA....we shall see.

After the cigars I will attempt to lure the drunken fish to my house for cards. If that doesn't pan out, I'll be an SNG machine on FT. Cash games put a hurting on me Wednesday nite and I need to replenish the coffer.

Saturday night one of my n'hood buddies is having a poker party which should be fun. I suppose it will degenerate into high priced donk games near the end of the night. Do you recognize these games: LaCrosse (Iron Cross), Follow the queen, 5 variations of Baseball, Guts, Roll Your Own, Kings and little ones, Herbie, High and low Chicago....etc you get the picture.

Then SUNDAY is the BIG GAME...w00t!

Go out and get your token TODAY!!!! Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just added you to my feeds and links at the advise of slb159, and I wanted to tell you I think the name of your blog is really cool.

You start out this blogging thing thinking how cool it will be to get people to read you and join the network of bloggers, etc, etc. But you don't really think about how if you're really going all out, you have to put yourself out there both as a poker player and as a person. You're no longer just one of the millions, and you are readily available to the world (read: Google).

So yeah...I really like the name of your blog. I look forward to reading you!

23skidoo said...

Well, thanks to you and slb!

I still grapple with the idea that this blog is read by people other than me..it certainly wasn't my intention early on to become a 'Poker Blogger' or even gain any kind of notoriety. I just needed an outlet, and this has become part psychotherapy, part poker, and part shameless self indulgence.

Thanks for your compliment and comment, hopefully I'll be able to write something relevant (or entertianing at least) every now and then.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you and I are pretty similar in that respect. I started this as part of a personal initiative to help sort through my thoughts, and be able to read and study myself. Then I discovered this whole "poker blogger" deal, and I decided I wouldn't mind picking up a few readers, seeing if there was any interest in my story. The day I signed up for SiteMeter, I found that I already had people stopping by daily, from all over the world.

Weird.