Friday, June 05, 2009

Checking in

Hi folks!

It has been a long month since we've last heard from your hero. The wife and I have a fabu trip to Costa Rica two and a half weeks ago...geez that feels like months ago. We had an adventurous week full of canopy touring, river rafting, site seeing, and walking....LOTS of walking. Maybe one of these days I'll actually take the time to post some pics, but hey, who am I kidding?

Work proceeded to squarely kick me in the junk upon my return and I have had my head down since.

I managed to play in a few of the BBT4 events, but I just suck. I made a decent run at the Big Game, but got way too tight after I accumulated a nice stack from a turned nut flush draw and a pre-flop AK vs Hammer dual that held up.

Tonight I go to my first live Baseball game of the season. My son and his baseball team get to go onto the field before the game for some sort of fund raiser award.

Speaking of the Braves, I think what they did to Tom Glavine is just despicable. I've never held Schuerholtz in very high regard and now I think he is just trash. Tom is absolutely one of the best Braves of all time and to string him along then make up some BS about his ability is just plain false. Plain and simple the greedy fuckers didn't want to pay the 1 million roster bonus he earned by rehabbing and getting ready to pitch. So in short, the Braves upper management can bite me. They've shown they have no interest in how they look to the fans of their team.

That's all for now kids, back to work.

1 comment:

BrainMc said...

I realize that the Braves exist to make money and numbers rule the decisions, but fans don't come to see who can run the best business. Their performance has been poor and they have no desire to pay for leadership from experienced players. I can't believe how much Hampton made for years and they let Smoltz and Glavine go over peanuts.