Friday, June 09, 2006

moovin

I've decided to stop thinking about poker.

What I mean to say is, that ivy lost something. There is a feel to the game that I have lost. I've disassociated myself from the game and have become a computer. I'm predictable, dependable (for the most part) and mechanical. The only time I have 'fun' is while playing blogger events.

My tournament game has gone to shit since I started focusing on cash play. All I see is dollars and cents. I don't play poker for money, if I did, I'd be a poor motherfucker. I play because I like it. If that makes me a donkey so be it. I used to be an above average tournament player (really! stop laughing) Monetary goals mean nothing to me in poker anymore (since I'm such a baller). I like to play, I like to get the feel for a table, I like to execute a convincing bluff and a wise laydown.

Lord, give me the strength to change what I can, the patience to accept what I cannot, and the knowledge to know the difference between the two.

I wasn't kidding a few posts back, poker has changed me and changed for me. I'm not sure if I like it, but I'm pretty sure I like me, I realize I am a fair poker player, striving to come to a mutual understanding with the game (if there is such a thing). I want to be at peace, and be free to play without the boundaries of 'correct' play. I play for me for now on. Thanks for stopping by.












Oh and go to Poker Source and get some really cool deals dammit, the link is right over there -------->>>>

No comments: