Sunday, May 16, 2010

Quick Chili

I do like to cook from time to time, unfortunately I don't always have the time to devote to it that I like. I have perfected the art of making real quick (~1hr) delicious chili. Here's my primer. I tweak the recipe almost every time I make it.



The ingredients: 1LB ground beef, 1LB ground pork, Whole tomatoes, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, jalapenos, red wine, garlic clove, onion, red pepper, green pepper, chili spices, red kidney beans, pinto beans.

3

Mix together the whole tomatoes, diced tomatoes, chili spices,  and some of the tomato sauce. Turn the sauce on low.

3

Add the beans and mix.

3

Put all the garlic through a garlic press and add the jalapenos.

3

Cut up the onion and put about 1/4 of it into the sauce, the rest of it goes into a non-stick pan and sweat them in some red wine.

3

3

Fry up the meat in the onion mixture, drain most of the grease.

3

Add the meat and onions into the chili, then chop up the peppers. Add the  green peppers and about 1/2 of a beer. Use cheap beer.



Mix this up and let it cook for 20 minutes or so.


3

Add the red peppers.

3

Cook another 20 minutes and its ready. The longer the chili cooks the better it will taste. It will be even better after a night in the fridge.

Enjoy.

No comments: