Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Burning Inside

Friday panned out a little differently as the Friday crowd at the cigar shop was larger than normal and the wife's plans changed at the last minute. So I selfishly hung out and watched the World Series, smoked a few stogies and played cards. Two of my buddies are card players and degenerate gamblers as well, so we played some all or nothing SNG's and were betting HI-card on the flop. A good time was had by all, winning enough to cover the smokes and the beer, with a bit left over helps.

Thus ends poker for me for the weekend.

Saturday turned from project day to hang out with the friends we saw at the pumpkin patch day, and I was able to watch a vast majority of the GA-FLA game. It was predictably disappointing, but GA did cover, which I predicted as well. We had a great dinner with our friends as I made my top-notch Potato soup to go with their Raclette, which I have never tried. It is similar to fondue I suppose, but not greasy.

Anywho, I haven't been terribly motivated to play cards, which is a shame, since I've been doing fairy well. But part of 'the plan' is to play only when I am in the frame of mind to do so, and that hasn't happened since Friday.

I'll be ready for the mook tonight so hopefully I can make a good showing.

1 comment:

SirFWALGMan said...

good luck tonight