Monday, November 20, 2006

Atlanta Poker Bloggers Tour - Redux

I can officially call the 2nd stop on the APBT a success.

For the first tournament, we ended up with 9 players.

IIRC Seat 1- Butch 2- Amy 3- Brain 4- Weak 5- Surf 6- king 7- me 8- cc 9- Rufus

Surf went out first and I went 2nd when weak turned a 4 card flush to my aces. (which reminds me I did not pay off my bounty) The Dutch oven came in about 45 min late so he George and I started up a little cash game. Rufus joined soon after and I lost track of the main table until they split 3 ways. I'm pretty sure it was weak, Brain and CC splitting.

For the second tourney we got Dutch, and my wife decided to play as well giving us a snug fitting 11.

Seating was 1- Weak 2- skidooWife 3- Butch 4- Dutch 5- George 6- King 7- CC 8- Brain 9- Transfish 10- Rufus 11- Me.

I got the Gigli award when I was crippled by my OWN WIFE with TT vs her AK. She flopped a King and I could not get her off of it. 2 or 3 hands later I pushed with AJo and was once again beaten by weak. This time he had 99. My wife made a questionable call with JT on a raggy drawing board to double weak up. She confided in me last night that she was very upset about her play there, and made me promise not to make her play against the mean old bloggers anymore. Seriously though, her call bothered her in the fact she wouldn't have made the it if she had stopped to think, and just got caught up in the action....rookies.

In a strange turn of events, my buddy John got called away by his wife. They had a baby on Tuesday, and she was having trouble keeping her food down all day. She was very fussy and seemed to be uncomfortable, so John's wife decided it was time to go to the hospital. John bolted and my wife went over to their house to watch their other child.

I felt it was my civic duty to play out the tourney with John's chips, everyone agreed. Rufus came back in and played my wife's short stack.

About 4 hands in, I turned into a card rack, and had some chips to use to my advantage. I took some fairly large pots with A3 vs A2 (blind battle), AQ vs ?? (queen flopped), and one close call I had was with CC when I open raised (KQc) for the umpteenth time, he pushed with A8 and I had a very tough call. I put him on small to mid pairs and decided it was worth a call to take a big stack and a dangerous player out. There were nothing but blanks on the flop and turn, and I called for the king on the river, but did not get it.....I got the queen instead and busted CC.

Down to 3 handed (Me, my brother, butch) my brother could not catch a card to save his life and I got him out. Butch was playing very tough and it was really hard for me to put him on a hand all night, he stole from me a few times and I decided to make a stand with 8Ts (the sooted mook!)I had him covered but was behind to his Jx. I flopped an 8 and he did not catch up.

Closing in on midnight everyone decided to leave. I was a little bummed, but I totally understand. I live in the sticks and almost everyone had a drive of 30 minutes or more. All I had to do was stumble upstairs ( I was about 8 beers in by that time)

So, what does a buzzing poker player to do with sleeping kids and a wife who is MIA?....Well play more poker of course.

I logged in to FT and just looked around to see who was on. I saw fastpitch27 doing well and railbirded him for awhile. Spoke with waffles in girly chat for a bit. Played a few hands of 1/2 razz. Then joined a $5 45 person. I completely dominated that one as I got a FH on the first hand then a flopped str8 on the 2nd...I took 2 people out and cruised to the final table, rarely moving below first place. Unfortunately I got a bit unlucky HU an ended up in 2nd.

Arron popped on PS for awhile and I watched him play 5 draw, then tried myself for a bit....losing $20.

I stupidly joined a 100+9 sng on ps and went out 6th....what can I say....it was the beer talking.

Finally the wife came home around 3. The baby was fine after all, just overfed according to the doctor, better safe than sorry I suppose.

I want to thank everyone who came over for making the drive, and I hope everyone had a good time. We have a pretty solid group of players here in Atlanta and we were well represented. I definitely look forward to playing with you all again and can't wait till next time!!

3 comments:

KajaPoker said...

Damn, I'm sorry I missed it. Sounds like fun. I was out of the country and thought I would get in a week earlier. Hopefully I can make the next one.

BrainMc said...

Thanks again for hosting. Sorry to bail with everybody else. I figured you'd had enough of me since I came in early to watch AU. It was great to meet the bloggers that weren't able to come to my place earlier. Maybe by the time Weak hosts it we may hit 10 bloggers.

Francase said...

I might be interested in dropping in for one if I can get away from the two kids - I'm in Marietta. Sounds fun.