Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Just when I thought that I was out..

they pull me back in. /Michael Corleone.

I had a nice couple of days off, then I decided to log on to Party to see if I had any cash left there. I stopped playing party at least a year ago in a fit of rage and disgust and I figured I actually might have left some money there. I needed some kind of change, as I was getting killed at PS. Cutting my bankroll in a third over 1 1/2 months. Anywho, it turns out I had a whopping 1.26 in my Party account. However I did have an offer for 30 bucks. I just needed to clear 300 raked hands I think. So, why not I say and fire up .10/.25 and quickly lose 10. All right, new table another buy in..... Okey dokey I fire up a $6 to try and claim my last bit of dignity, during which I play blackjack with the remaining $4 to try and get another tourney buy in, which I do. I proceed to money in 3 consecutive $6 tourneys, and decide its time to start drinking. I win a $11 and place in a $22 (V is a bad influence). Now I have a roll to start up .10/25 again. This is when things get a little blurry. I admit, I've given up on taking notes at this point. With my regained confidence, I fire up PS and join Surflexus and Waffles at 50NL. First hand I'm dealt A5 and limp into a flopped wheel. I double through some fine player who decides to bet into me with A9. I manage to donk off most of those chips for the next hour or so, Surf busts and Waffles is crusing. I fire up the $3 rebuy along with Waffles and lose 4 buy ins on reeeely stupid drunk plays. In the meantime though I have somehow tripled up on the 50NL table(really, i have no idea)..I had to leave cause no one was joining the table. I mean, if you come to a table and one guy is sitting there with ~175 on a 50 NL table, do you get intimidated?? So players were avoiding me and I needed to pass out.

So, the moral of the story is that weird shit happens, and sometimes for a reason. I turned $30 into just under 300 and 50 into just over 200 in 2 sessions. Poker sure is some crazy shit sometimes. Thanks to waffles and POISON for entertining my drunken ass.

I sucked hard in the WPBT event(s) I was playing a bit too loose and needed to fold a couple steal attempts at a relatively aggressive starting table. Having CJ to your left is no fun. I was out in the early 30's on both tourneys. A healthy pat on the back goes to Hoyazo, Smizmiatch, and DoubleA’s for making both final tables..


Yay WWDN tonight!! I think I shall choose to win this one.



I figured I'd play along:

1. What is the biggest mistake people make at a NL table?

Calling too much. Improper betting in regards to the size of the pot.

2. What is the biggest mistake people make at a Limit table?

Being there... Just kidding. Opening up card requirements, and not making adjustments.

3. Why do you play poker?

Because I'm an altruistic moron.

But really, it's all about action, watching the money move. I'm compulsive and weak. It's no wonder poker players love seeing me at their table.

4. If you weren't playing poker, what would you be doing?

Wasting time and not losing money doing it.

5. What is your favorite poker book and why?

Harrington on Holdem 1 and 2. I just wish I could force myself to play like that.

6. Who is your favorite poker player and why?

Phil Ivey - fearless. Honerable mention Mike Matisow. When he is on, it is impossible to put him on cards. Also he has may ways of throwing you off. Master of the tilt move.

7. Which poker player do you dislike the most and why?

That big fat bowler dude from last years WSOP. Man I wanted to punch him in the overies.

8. Do your coworkers know about your blog?

Negative.

9. What is the most you have won in a cash game or MTT (both live and online)?

Online: Took second in a 180 player. Whatever amount that is.
Live tourney: 1200.

Online cash game: One night I won ~$650 at .50/1
Live cash: ~300 in the hood.

10. What is the most you have lost in a cash game or in one day total (both live and online)?

I've gone through ~350 in one day before.


My accounting sucks, so these numbers are really guesses.


11. Who was your first poker blog read?

Does Paul Phillips count? His blog led me to the poker bloggers.

12. What satisfies you more, your aces holding up for a big pot or a bluff working for a big pot?

Playing a hand properly and having it work out is more satisfying. I feel a little dirty after pulling off a bluff.

13. Why do you blog?

Pseudo-Masochism.

14. Do you read blogs from an RSS reader like bloglines or do you visit each blog?

I just found bloglines, so I'm trying it out. I like visiting the sites though.

15. Would you rather play poker for a living than do what you currently do for a living?

Yes, but I would go broke much faster.

16. Do you wear a tin foil hat on occasion?

No.

17. If you had to pin it down to one specific trait, what does a great poker player have (or do) that separates them from an average player?

Great players seem to have an instinct. I'm guessing after 5 jillion hands, you start to develop a feel for things. And balls, big brass cojones.

18. Is Drizz the coolest person on the planet for naming his baby Vegas?

No comment.

19. What is your primary poker goal and are you close to accomplishing it?

To win a tournament over 500 people. Not yet, I got 14th in a 700.

20. What is your primary online site and why?

Pokerstars, I really like the software, 9 person tables instead of 10. I have recently re-discovered the beauty of Party though.

21. What site do you dislike and why?

I have played so many horrible sites...Poker Mountain- are they still around? I also really do not like playing on Bodog, despite the soft tables.

No comments: