I saw this on Blood and Amy's sites, it looked like fun so I did it.
Post the first bit of lyrics from the first 20 songs your iPod plays randomly. Kudos if you recognize any without using Google.
1. If you could see yourself now baby, its not my fault. You used to be so in control.
2. If If you want If you want to be the one that he's thinking of. You You just need You just need to understand.
3. heavens trash fixation turning mass direction having a relationship without guilt
4. Jah would never give power to a baldhead. Run come crucify the dead. Time alone - Time will tell.
5. Hey hey momma say the way you move, gonna make you sweat gonna make you groove.
6. All the fear has left me now. I'm not frightened anymore.
7. Life, it seems, will fade away.Drifting further every day. Getting lost within myself. Nothing matters, no one else.
8. You took it back. How could you go and do something like that? My fingernail phase. Worst has got the best of you.
9. Rows of houses all bearing down on me. I can feel their blue hands touching me.
10. Nowhere here to call my home, no one near to call my own, all that's left is for me to roam, somebody please help me hang on.
11. He trembles in the bitter wind until it's time for us to speak, whilst others here are sleeping sound.
12. I loved you, you made me, hate me. You gave me, hate, see?. It saved me and these tears are deadly.
13. Oh Oh Oooh, she's the refugee. I see her face, I see you staring back at me.
14.** The woman was a dream I had, though rather hard to keep. For when my eyes were watching hers, they closed, and I was still asleep.
15. She walk into the court her knees buckle. Saying for a man to survive he needn't hustle. Seen and been through struggle her whole life. Made a transition from being his ho to his wife.
16. Call me (call me) if you wanna go. We don't have to stay in a world that is slippin' away.
17. Wait until the war is over, and were both a little older.
18. Life is just a lonely highway. I'm out here on the open road. I'm old enough to see behind me. But young enough to feel my soul.
19.Yeah! Remix Remix Remix. What's his name?
Da-ddy Yan-kee! Daddy Yankee.. Boricua, cubano, boricua cubano, boricua cubano, boricua. Subele mambo pa que mi gata prenda lo motores.
20. You're so gorgeous, I'll do anything! I'll kiss you from your feet to where your head begins!
** Two songs with no lyrics in a row. One is Moby, Second is another song by a band in this list. Hint: Old school industrial with bits of samples. Scary stuff.
More hints in no particular order.
At least 3 songs should be obvious.
At least one song I am embarrassed to have on my iPod.
There is one GA band in the list.
There is one song by my favorite band here.
There is one song I didn't even know I had.
At least two of them I had to google myself to get the lyrics.
I have lots of sad music.
I have a fairly wide range of musical interests.
About 40% of my music was 'free'.
I'll post the results in the comments later today or tomorrow.