I saw this on Blood and Amy's sites, it looked like fun so I did it.
Post the first bit of lyrics from the first 20 songs your iPod plays randomly. Kudos if you recognize any without using Google.
1. If you could see yourself now baby, its not my fault. You used to be so in control.
REM - Bang and Blame - the only GA band on the list.
2. If If you want If you want to be the one that he's thinking of. You You just need You just need to understand.
The Honorary Title - Bridge + Tunnel - I inherited a bunch of emo stuff when I got my last iPod.
3. heavens trash fixation turning mass direction having a relationship without guilt
Skinny Puppy - Convulsion - What can I say? It was a phase.
4. Jah would never give power to a baldhead. Run come crucify the dead. Time alone - Time will tell.
Bob Marley - Time will Tell
5. Hey hey momma say the way you move, gonna make you sweat gonna make you groove.
Led Zepplin - Black Dog - Duh.
6. All the fear has left me now. I'm not frightened anymore.
Sarah McLachlan - Fumbling towards ecstacy. It's my wife's, I swear, but her voice does rock.
7. Life, it seems, will fade away.Drifting further every day. Getting lost within myself. Nothing matters, no one else.
Metallica - Fade to Black
8. You took it back. How could you go and do something like that? My fingernail phase. Worst has got the best of you.
The Used - Greener with the Scenery - more emo, not bad actually.
9. Rows of houses all bearing down on me. I can feel their blue hands touching me.
Radiohead - Street Spirit - the one song from my favorite band. I have about 3 gigs of Radiohead.
10. Nowhere here to call my home, no one near to call my own, all that's left is for me to roam, somebody please help me hang on.
Ben Harper - Homeless Child
11. He trembles in the bitter wind until it's time for us to speak, whilst others here are sleeping sound.
Siouxsie and the Banshees - Scarecrow - Cmon, who didn't have a little crush on Siouxsie in the late 80's?
12. I loved you, you made me, hate me. You gave me, hate, see?. It saved me and these tears are deadly.
The Hollywood Undead - My Black Dahlia - Sad....I'm embarrassed. If you want a chuckle you should check out one of their videos.
13. Oh Oh Oooh, she's the refugee. I see her face, I see you staring back at me.
U2 - The Refugee
14.** The woman was a dream I had, though rather hard to keep. For when my eyes were watching hers, they closed, and I was still asleep.
Phish - Bouncing around the Room - Weeeeeee
15. She walk into the court her knees buckle. Saying for a man to survive he needn't hustle. Seen and been through struggle her whole life. Made a transition from being his ho to his wife.
Common - Testify
16. Call me (call me) if you wanna go. We don't have to stay in a world that is slippin' away.
K-OS - Call Me
17. Wait until the war is over, and were both a little older.
The Doors - Unknown Soldier
18. Life is just a lonely highway. I'm out here on the open road. I'm old enough to see behind me. But young enough to feel my soul.
Lenny Kravitz - Can't get you off my mind.
19.Yeah! Remix Remix Remix. What's his name?
Da-ddy Yan-kee! Daddy Yankee.. Boricua, cubano, boricua cubano, boricua cubano, boricua. Subele mambo pa que mi gata prenda lo motores.
Lil Jon - Gasolina - I have no idea how or why this is in my library.
20. You're so gorgeous, I'll do anything! I'll kiss you from your feet to where your head begins!
The Cure - Why can't I be you?
** Two songs with no lyrics in a row. One is Moby, Second is another song by a band in this list. Hint: Old school industrial with bits of samples. Scary stuff.
The second was Skinny Puppy again - Fritter (Stella's home)
More hints in no particular order.
At least 3 songs should be obvious. - Black Dog, The Refugee, Why can't I be you?
At least one song I am embarrassed to have on my iPod. - My Black Dahlia - The Hollywood Undead
There is one GA band in the list. - REM
There is one song by my favorite band here. - Radiohead
There is one song I didn't even know I had. - Gasolina
At least two of them I had to google myself to get the lyrics. Gasolina, Convulsion