Tuesday, September 12, 2006

9/11/06

Ok, I'll wrap it up and put it behind me.....We got moved in eventually. After unfucking the U-haul from my driveway. (No one can tell me I didn't try to get the truck up that hill) We got everything loaded in 2 moves. It sure was nice that I was moving only 1.5 miles away in the same neighborhood was definitely a saving grace. Our sellers were there till midnight getting their stuff out. They still left a few things...o well.

I'll leave the Sept 11 talk to someone who is much more eloquent than I. I remember getting to work and setting up the BBC and CNN feeds in the boadrdoom, so people could witness the carnage on the big screen. It was truly surreal, just having everyone sitting in the room, silent in disbelief.

I finally got the DSL installed last night. I had to rewire the cat5 going to the office, but I was able to make it work. Of course I had to stress test it, and got to play online for the first time in a few days. I got the kids home and in bed after my son's B-Ball game and had just enough time to clean dishes, start laundry and fire up PS to join MATH .

The turning point of my game was taking out the host with JJ vs 99. Things moved fairly quickly and I was a chip vacuum. We finally got 3 handed and I took out the 2 smaller stacks with aces. Boy is it nice when there are 2 big bets in front of you when holding aces.

Anywho, I'm a bit distracted lately and busy as hell. Maybe I can attribute not thinking too much to my win. I should try more of that.

In case anyone is interested, my back is truly screwed up. I had 2 appointments with back dudes and did not like what they had to say. Should I get a 3rd opinion?? It's quite possible that I will need back surgery sooner rather than later, and that just outright stinks. I need to find a new skill that doesn't require 10-14 hours at a computer per day....I'm at a loss.

Good luck to those of you playing the WWDN tonight..I will be cheering my boy on in his 2nd game of the year...Hopefully he gets to pitch tonight.

2 comments:

Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Great job last night, Ski. That's more than one Hoy you've won now, right? Anyways you played great and aggressive as always, nice work and great job taking down the $200 first prize.

Hope your back feels better soon. I know all about lower back pain and problems, and I know what a bitch it can be. Feel better and keep playing great poker.

23skidoo said...

Thanks Hoy!

It is my second Math win and 3rd or 4th cash, I know I split one with Don once and got third once.