Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I just might get some sleep tonight...

I'll start off this post with a PHOD

I've got no notes on the villain as he has just joined the table. Keep in mind I'm a 6-max noob. I don't like 6-max for some reason.

Full Tilt Poker Game #5788283456: Table Kings (6 max) - $0.50/$1 - No Limit Hold'em - 8:42:04 ET - 2008/03/26
Seat 1: iam23skidoo ($83)
Seat 2: twichild ($100)

Leapaboard posts the small blind of $0.50
iam23skidoo posts the big blind of $1
twichild posts $1

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to iam23skidoo [Th Td]
twichild checks
Konstantin82 calls $1
iam23skidoo raises to $4
twichild raises to $9
iam23skidoo raises to $19
twichild calls $10

So villain check re-raises then calls my re-re-raise. Gotta be AK right? AA,KK pushes there, it could be QQ or JJ but...

*** FLOP *** [5h Qh Tc]
iam23skidoo bets $25

What do you think of this bet? Do I just push here or continue to fear QQ? I don't want to give any draw odds to call.

twichild raises to $81, and is all in
iam23skidoo calls $39, and is all in

twichild shows [Jd Ac] Uh JACKACE?
iam23skidoo shows [Th Td]
*** TURN *** [5h Qh Tc] [8c]
*** RIVER *** [5h Qh Tc 8c] [Kc] GTFO!!
twichild shows a straight, Ace high
iam23skidoo shows three of a kind, Tens
twichild wins the pot ($164.50) with a straight, Ace high


So did I just get toasted by a toaster or what? Did I make a mistake preflop?


I'm tired....I've been playing way too much poker lately.

Last night I tried playing the skillz, the bodonk and a $75 token race at the same time. I should have known better.

Everything about last night was non-conducive to playing. I played a little hooky, leaving work at 12:30 and grabbing lunch with a buddy of mine. A few beers later, and I'm at TacoMac playing HORSE and $11 SNG's with Kuro, downing more beers. Nothing is working online and I go through serious frustration in all of the games.

So I get home, we take the kids out to eat since we are too lazy/busy to cook and frankly its been awhile since we've been out. We have a nice meal, then get home and get the kids in bed.

After all that, attempting to divide my attention between 3 games was not the most sound decision. Lesson learned.

So I log on this AM to play a few hands before work and run into the hand above. I'm thinking about taking the night off.

If i get home before daylight, I just might get some sleep tonight.

5 comments:

Fuel55 said...

I might have raised to $30 rather than $19 but you played th hand perfectly otherwise.

23skidoo said...

I contemplated a higher raise in the $25 range, but I was expecting a RR there, my immediate thought on the limp-raise was a monster hand. In retrospect a higher re-raise is called for, but how the hell can I put him on AJo?

Pokerwolf said...

What Fuel said.

You're correct that AA/KK jams pre-flop. QQ is a possiblity, but on that flop if you lose to the higher set, that's poker.

You did everything right, just had the wrong card show up.

SirFWALGMan said...

Lol your a faggot.. stop asking questions you know the answer to. Idiot. You want all his money on a gutter you moron. Derrr. No wonder everyone thinks your a donator.

kurokitty said...

maybe the villain knows CK? lol

Taylor Caby makes min-raise 4 bets with hands like AA so I don't think the 4-bet near min raise is bad.

After that, nothing else really matters. You hit a set and if it's a shorthanded table, you're playing the hand for stacks.