Monday, October 02, 2006

Poke This!

Well, I'm not sure what to say.

I've had several people asking my opinion on what this law means, and what it could mean in the future. When I first heard about this piece of legislation, I didn't give it much credence. Gambling is as American as apple pie. People have been gambling on sports, dice, cards, wheels, animals, and even their own livelihoods for longer than America has been around. It in human nature to win, to accomplish, to best (something or someone). How can this be intrinsically wrong? Morally wrong?

And since when did anyone need a governing body to regulate morality? And when has that EVER been successful?

My second thought on this particular piece of cowardice achem....Legislation is...good luck! How does something like this get upheld? See how successful the Wire act was? I mean, no one bets over the phone right? The federal government expects our banking institutions to track and inspect every transaction with an oversees vendor or provider, and determine whether this transaction is legal or being used for nefarious ends such as drug trafficking, terrorism, or poker.

In my humble opinion: Fat chance! Maybe I don't know what the hell I'm talking about though, wouldn't be the first time.

I cashed out of Party and Interpoker (~350 hands into my bonus thank you)since they've already proven to be cowards. I also cashed from Full Tilt and Bodog, since I don't really like these sites anyway. I may be going back to FT, since they seem to be taking a more pragmatic course of action. PS and Party seem to be cutting their nose to spite their faces, or maybe they are being set up for a takeover or buy out. who knows? I may law low, but I'm not laying down. I have called my senator and congressman to voice my displeasure, I encourage you to do the same, even if you think it won't help.

So when does online $1/2 backgammon become a fad?

No comments: