Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Weekend Update and Footballpaloosa

I'm fargin beat. I've been up since 4am Yesterday morning.

Here's what I was able to write today:

A little late, but hey, I'm a busy dude.


I'm writing this on a Delta flight to New York City at 8AM. I got up this morning at 4:15 to get to the airport and check in. I'm flying back tonight (hopefully), so I won't get a change to bug any of the NY bloggers while I'm here.

I gotta tell you, I had a pretty damn goot weekend. I took Friday off, but ended up working for most of the morning on stupid crap that only I am capable of doing properly.....long story short, I tried to let my sysadmin take care of something once, and even with DETAILED instructions, it managed to get effed up. So in the sake of my sanity, I just buckled in and did it.

One thing that really chaps my ass is that I can completely do my job from home if I didn't have the parade of morons who come to me with stupid questions and issues. I digress...

Friday night the wife went out and I played cards/donated money for the evening. The duality of loving/hating the donkament rides high when I donate 20 bucks only to get called all in by AK vs JJ on a flop that completely missed. weeeee

Saturday we dropped the kids off at a party and had a great lunch and a few beers. I got a taste of the Sierra Nevada anniversary and the obligitory Dogfishhead 60 Minute IPA. YUUUUM

After that we got the kids and went home to clean and watch football. I watched a good bit of BigBlew getting manhandled by ASU, and the first bit of the GATech/Notre Dame game.

The wife and I had our own party to go to, so we had to clean up a bit for the babysitter. We took the kids for a bit. They got to sing some kereoke with the neighbors kids and we ate some fried chicken, corn on the cob and greens. woot.

I love some good cookin' Eventually the wife took the kids home and came back for the 'adult' part of the party, which consisted of about 10 people standing around drinking a bottle of patron and shooting the shit in the kitchen.

Do all parties devolve to highschool drunkfests for you too?? I wasn't too in to it and neither was the wife, so we went home fairly early and had a nice night lounging on the porch chatting it up.

Sunday morning we nearly got up for church, but decided we were on vacation and skipped it. I made a nice big breakfast for the family and we took it easy in the AM.

Around 2 we took the kids up to the pool which was surprisingly nearly empty. They played for a good bit, and some of our friends joined. My son was unapologetically pummeled by the gaggle of girls. Secretly I think he liked it.

Sunday afternoon I celebrated my first weeks win in the College football pool. I totally decimated the field with 15/20 against the number this weekend!! That was good for 2 bills. I also won a little on the GA who manhandled ooooosssssuuuu.

Monday we drove up to Athens to celebrate my grandmother's 90th birthday. I also got to see my brother and sister. We all got to witness a nice little manic episode from my Aunt. Good times were had by all, but the whole day was shot.

Thats about it in a nutshell, fun was had things were done, drinks were consumed. That's about all you can ask from a holiday weekend.

It is now 8:07PM and I am in the air somewhere between Baltimore and Atlanta. I managed to get what I could done in NY and hopped an early flight. Maybe now I wont miss my Fantasy Draft with the bloggers. ..Here's to hope.


By the way, the NFL starts tomorrow, so if you wanna play int the ghey blogger (and riverchasers) Pick'em league then JOIN DAMMIT and send me 10 bucks. Follow the links below. When I decide to wake up I will list who has paid on the pickem site.

2 comments:

kurokitty said...

Hopefully, for the sake of safety, you didn't live blog that. At least you're not flying over the Rockies. lol

Instant Tragedy: Just Add Sean said...

I'm in, will send $ when I leave work today...

I'm good aren't I gheybloggerfootball master?