Wednesday, December 27, 2006

...and the HORSE you rode in on!

So imagine my dismay when I discovered there was no mook scheduled tonight. Of course I knew it was off this week, I just forgot that I knew it.

Anywho, I took AL's advice and joined the Riverchasers HORSE event. I didn't imagine I'd go very far, but I soon realized that some of the competition was looser than a two dollar hoe! So I bided my time and took as many hands off in Stud that I could. I still excel in Razz, OH8 and Stud8 (IMHO) and used those orbits to stay afloat. During the early (first 2 hours) of the tourney I was playing my HU4 matches with NewinNov. I won the first two then got shanghai'd in the 3rd when someone got in before newin. The second hand of which i flopped trips, crippling my opponent. Newin and I played the third match for a very long time, changing leads at least 10 times, in the end I whittled him down for a 3-0 match. This brings my current run in HU4 at 6-1.

And for the HORSE tourney you ask????
wo0t!


On to the Riverchasers...I managed to squeek in to the final table and outlast a few players when I found myself with a respectible stack. Also there at the final table was byron and wwonka It was a fun match down to the end, unfortunately my heads up opponent wiggstad could not stand the onslaught of cards I caught during the razz round and was crushered. good times..


Also I managed to take down the Poker Blogger Fantasy Football League that Kelly ran!!! Did I tell you yet how much I rock?

I hope everyone had (and is having) a great Holiday and have a safe and happy new year.

2 comments:

AlCantHang said...

Nice job in the tourney, congrats! Thanks for playing.

Raveen said...

nice job in the tourney man and just to let you know I'm still bitter you took me down in the final blogger fantasy game....gl at the tbales