Wednesday, October 19, 2005

TIRED

I am very tired this morning.


I played well last night. I was on the .25/.50 NL and .10/.25NL tables for a long time. I really like the 6 handed games...lots of action. I get really bored at 9 seat cash games, but I do understand I could probably make a bit more $ on them, but presently I am still an action junkie, playing the low limits, risking small parts of my paltry roll. I've almost climbed back up to my original starting point....so that's nice. So after taking some cash, I decided to play the 3+rebuy to the 500K satellite. I know this is an all in fest, but I wanted to give it a try. I bought in and went ahead and got another buy in right away.

I never looked back...I doubled up after about 3 hands...I caused several ppl to rebuy. After 10 minutes I was in or near the lead, and stayed in the top 20 for the next 3 hours. I got very tired and tried to just outlast the blinds when there were about 40 left. Top 22 got a seat in the 500k. I dwindled down to around 28th place and decided I needed to play a few hands. I popped two bets stealing blinds and was back up ~18. Next hand I get K10o and loose raise in first position....BAAAD as soon as I did it I told myself it was a mistake. Chip leader was at my table and raises me all-in.....fold. Back down to ~27th place with about 35 left....I can't believe I sat for 3 hours to go out like this..I am so mad I don't think straight. In the SB hand I get j10 o and folds around. I pop the SB bet and BB puts me all in. A7 ugh.....blanks follow and I'm out....bitter bitter bitter....Was this fatigue....possibly, but I got to a point where I lost focus, and that's a shame. I did learn some lessons.

1.) Stay focused.....Analyze your possibilities with every hand.
2.) Don't start a MTT at 1AM :(
3.) One and a half hours does not equate to sleep.


Does PS always close chat near the end of a tourney?....I was enjoying healthy banter at my table and cutting chat off may have removed me a little from the action. Just a thought. I was certainly less than focused. I do enjoy playing as the bully though....you are allowed some calls that you normally wouldn't make. If I can stay awake tonight, I'll go through my history.

So after ~4 wasted hours and I was so frustrated that I had to play a 1 table 6/.50. I came in 2nd and got my entry for the satellite back... yay.

No comments: