Tuesday, October 25, 2005

ok

Posted some more links to blogs. I'm going to up my reading for awhile. I was able to get my bonus whored out on PS last night. Cashed outand will move it somewhere else to move up some more. Maybe UB, but we will see. I am going to regroup for a couple of days and try to go through some histories.

I didn't do as well as I hoped in the Blogger tourney, I went out around 300 or so. I'll try and go over that history as well.

I am doing my best to strive for some balance. I get a bit obsessive about poker once and awhile and need to get reeled in. I tend to lose focus on personal issues, I need structure, but for the life of me, I just don't work that way.

Consistency. Balance. Clarity. Thought. Action.

Highlight from last night, I play .50/1 NL 6 handed to try and finish my bonus. I go with $50 to one table and get dropped to ~$8...I move to another table, plop another $50 down and get 10-9d on the first hand. I normally raise in this spot, but just call since I'm new to the table. Checks around, flop comes A-J-6 diamonds. First to act is big stack with almost 3x my chips. He puts 5 in and gets a caller. What to do in this spot? I have to raise to see where I'm at. I double the bet and get a call from stack and a fold from the caller. Next card is a blank. Big stack pushes again.
I have to at least call here, but I go all in thinking, 1. I'm new at the table, this guy is big stack and trying to establish himself as the captain. 2. He is on a draw, or has A J o or something like that. 3. I have him beat.
He calls my all in, and another diamond comes on the river, I think I am screwed for sure, but he shows 8dJc...whew.....Doubling up in the first hand sure is a moral booster. I'm not sure if I made the right call or just got lucky, but it matters not.

No comments: