Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Time Out

Ok Great timing on the whole poker blog thing. I am going to hang it up online for awhile. At least a month. I just don't have the patience to grind away and my wife is getting pissed off since I play about 2-3 hours a night. She came down on me pretty hard last night says she is sick of seeing me 'sitting in front of that box.' I am obsessed, and possibly taking a step back is what I need. I think its a good thing, I am definately down for the year, and I can not see real improvement in my game.

Last night was rough, playing a $10 SNG get KK in 3rd position with 5 players left. I make a moderate 2x BB raise. Folds around to the chip leader in the blind, he calls. cards come off 7K9. I make another moderate bet which represents about half my stack, but I have to get this guy off a draw. He smooth calls an I have him on the draw, pokets, or possibly paired kings. jack comes next and I go all in. Hoping he hasnt already made the straight. He calls with J8, and I'll give you one guess as to what comes on the river.
-------------------------------------------------

10 makes his straight and I feel like putting my fist through something. Possibly I could have commited to the pot on the flop to pull him off the draw, but I don't know. Just horrendous. Wife is already in bed, so I have to just sit there and take it. I commense to blow through another frustrating round of .50/1 and quit just before 1...

I really suck, I just need to accept it and move on . It's a discipline issue, and I just have none whatsoever, I'm so compulsive its not even funny.. Back to work. I do have some live games coming up this week, so I need to clear my mind. I need a gameplan, and I need to follow it......anybody got one?? jk....sort of.

No comments: