Thursday, April 14, 2005

No Control

Maybe my wife is right. I couln't stop thinking about playing. I gave in last night and 'just'
played a $5 SnG. What a waste of time. I know better than playing these anymore. Half of the players will bet and go all in on any hand just hoping to get lucky. The problem is that ~80% these are the guys that suck out hands. I play very tight at these games just waiting on the hands to punish the fish. With 6 people left, I get 88 in position just before the blind. There's one caller in the pot and I raise to 3xBB. Small Blind folds BB calls and limper folds. The flop comes 265 rainbow. I make a sizable bet ( i know take more notes.) The turn brings another low diamond card, i don't think the BB is on a straight draw, why would he call the initial raise with a 34 or the like?? I have to admit at the time I'm only really concerned about a higher card coming out. I think BB has an Ax possibly a flush draw. I don't know why I'm thinking this, I just am. I put all my chips in at this point hoping to scare out the draw. BB calls and turns over A 10 diamonds, and there are 2 diamonds on the board. Are you kidding me?? This guy puts in over 1500 chips in on a draw with one card left. I am a huge favorite here....so I think. The river brings another diamond, and I am sent packing.......ridiculous. So many times recently this has been the case. I put my money in the pot with the best hand and get outdrawn.. I just have to stop playing the stupid $5 SnG's its a waste of time indeed.

I can't let this get to me.....a bad beat. I don't think I played it incorrectly, possibly a little slow, which I tend to do when I have a good hand. I need to start winning these hands earlier, and forget trying to maximize my value. Well, no poker until my live game tomorrow. I'm going to do some reading until then.

No comments: