Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wednesday Wrapup

I've had some ideas floating around my head, and I'm just going to spit em out rather than keeping the stew on and losing the flavor.

I Love You Man

23skidoo's one word review: PUKE

The wife and I tried to watch it last weekend, I fell asleep both times. Paul Rudd is going to have to earn his way back to my safe list after this one.

I think my wife summed it up the best. We paused the movie about 3/4 of the way through and went out to the back porch to smoke. We chatted about the movie and some other stuff. About an hour later I say something to the effect of how do you feel about turning crap off and 'hitting the sack'. She retorts 'I couldn't care less, I'm fine not giving any more of my life to it'. Apropos

I am a fat bastard


I had a physical 2 weeks ago and I was a bit put off when I saw the scale. 234 is a pretty big number. I'm a big guy so it's a little bit easier to hide the fat, but jeez, I really let go. I know there are some bloggers out there doing some half assed prop bet which involves a weigh-in in Vegas. I'm cool with everything but the Vegas part. Vegas in mid December just is not on my radar. I have joined Daily Burn at the suggestion of Riggs and started logging my intake. After a week I recognized that I take in more than I burn, easy-peasy. The second week I began watching what I eat and lopping down the portions. I also tried spacing my food out through the day. I've dropped to 229, but I'm pretty sure that's mostly water weight. Next week I'm going to ramp up the exercise. This will be hard as most of my days are full. That's the crux of exercise, you have to make time and make it a priority and I haven't quite figured out how to motivate myself to do it.


OK, thats it for now. I know I had more that I wanted to put down, but I'm blanking right now. Time for a little walk....

You kids be careful out there!

1 comment:

sirfwalgman said...

Yeah it is hard to exercise. Best time in my life exercise wise was when I lived in an apartment complex with a gym. I would just shoot down there every night and do my thing.

These days I do a mile walk 3:00 every day. Just take off around the city for a bit. Not a huge amount of exercise but it helps.